The Town of Newington, Connecticut (pop.30,493) is seeking a candidate to replace the retiring Chief of Police. Newington is a charming suburb with many amenities situated between Hartford and New Britain. The Chief of Police is appointed by and reports to the Town Manager with a Council/Manager form of government.
Plans, organizes, and directs the activities of the police department in accordance with authority delegated by state statute, charter and ordinances; administers the department through subordinates in the functional areas of support services, patrol, investigations and traffic enforcement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Police Science or Public Administration, and four years’ experience at the command level of a major police division or its equivalent; or an equivalent combination of acceptable education and practical experience including the aforementioned command experience.
- Preferred experience in the greater CT area.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE:
- Connecticut motor vehicle operator's license or ability to obtain.
- Graduation from the F.B.I. National Academy and New England Command Training Institute, or its equivalent, desirable.
- CT POST certification or ability to obtain.
For more information about the Chief of Police position, please visit newingtonct.gov, employment opportunities. Applicants should send a cover letter, résumé and an official Town of Newington application by email to vog.tcnotgniwen@koocorassamJ to be considered.
Position posted until filled, first review on November 17, 2023.