Published March 11, 2015
Scholarship Application Click Here
Financial Aid Form Click here
CONNECTICUT POLICE FOUNDATION
Offers Scholarships to Police Officers
SCHOLARSHIPS: Two $1,000 Scholarships
DEADLINE: Submit to your police chief by April 3, 2015
1. Must be currently employed at a CPCA member police department in Connecticut.
2. Must be currently enrolled in a degree program at an accredited post-secondary institution of higher learning.
3. Must be furthering his/her education in criminal justice.
4. Must be in need of financial aid and without such aid would find it difficult although not necessarily impossible to obtain education.
5. Must submit properly completed form to his/her police chief by April 3, 2015
1. Awards to be used for tuition, fees, texts, supplies and other necessary academic purposes.
2. Awards conditioned upon substantiation of expenses.
3. Winners of previous Foundation scholarships are eligible to compete.
4. A check for $1,000 to be given to each winner following submission of appropriate documents. The $1,000 checks go to the winners of the Allen Ervin Memorial Scholarship and the John Manfredi Memorial/Motorola Criminal Justice Scholarship as determined by the Awards Committee.
BASIS OF SELECTING WINNERS:
1. Each police chief in Connecticut will select one applicant from those submitted in his department and send the applicant's completed forms to the Connecticut Police Foundation by April 17, 2015.
2. Scholarship winners will then be selected by the Foundation's Awards Committee.
3. Winners will be selected on the basis of financial need and dedication to law enforcement.
4. Winners will be announced in May.
5. Actual award will be made on June 11, 2015 at the CPCA Annual Meeting.
Scholarship Application Forms Are Available From Your Police Chief or www.cpcanet.org