Vernon seeks Police chief
The Town of Vernon, CT is seeking persons interested in becoming the next Chief of Police. As the largest municipality in Tolland County, with a staff of 50 sworn Officers, the ideal candidate is someone who is a forward-thinking visionary, with a community policing mindset and strong leadership capabilities to lead the Department and align the vision and mission of police services to the Town of Vernon. Working under the direction of the Mayor and Town Administrator, the Chief will join the Town’s administrative staff in providing high quality government services through interdepartmental and community engagement.
Experience & Training:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Police Science, Public Administration, or a related field. A Master’s Degree is preferred. Graduation from the F.B.I. National Academy and the New England Command Training Institute, or the equivalent, is desirable.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible supervisory and administrative law enforcement experience; including three (3) years of experience equivalent to a Deputy Chief or equivalent position, or five (5) years of experience equivalent to a Lieutenant position.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE:
- Certification as a Connecticut Police Officer is required at the time of appointment. A Connecticut Motor Vehicle operator’s license is required.
- Classification: Exempt
- Salary: Currently budgeted at $130,451*
* Under the terms of the Town Charter this position is outside of the classified service and is subject to appointment through approval of the Town Council..
For more information on the Town of Vernon and to apply please follow the link: Chief of Police - Frontline Recruitment (applitrack.com). Applications start to be reviewed on February 21, 2024.